Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Merchants Dealing in Rehabbed cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobonli

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:10 am    Post subject: Merchants Dealing in Rehabbed cameras Reply with quote

Greetings. I’m seeking some help identifying whether there are sources for CLA’d and ready-to-shoot cameras, either a Speed or Crown. This would include a coupled rangefinder. I know in other aspects of photography there are folks who buy, rehab and re-sell cameras as a business (Leica and Rollei come to mind).

Why? I’m looking for a camera that can be used handheld and would rather buy something ready-to-go then hunt the various marketplaces and hope I get something that has all the parts. I did that about 10 years ago and ended up with a Crown that needed a lot of work > I eventually re-sold it to someone who had the time to find the missing parts and rebuild it. So, I’m trying again!

I have looked…I’m not completely lazy…and a lot of what I’m seeing will require work, parts or both. For example “Shutter is off by two stops, needs new bellows and missing RF” for $700!

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of anyone in the US. Perhaps Jo Lommen in the Netherlands.

You might ask on https://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/, which has more traffic than this site and has users who might be able to advise you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: