Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graphic View II Serial number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Other Graflex Camera Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hsandler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject: Graphic View II Serial number Reply with quote

I'm the proud owner of a Graphic View II. I was heavily influenced by the article here by Gerald Pierce. It made a lot of sense to complement my Crown Graphic to have more extension (for my Sironar 240mm lens) and movements. Everything seems to work fine. It came with three of the lens board adapters to take my lenses on Pacemaker boards. I plan to use it for still lifes and portraits. The serial number is 485049, stamped on the back of the front standard. Can someone with access to "the book" date it? I see a set of Crown View IIs starting 485150 from 1961-2 but don't see any listed on the coffsbiz site with an earlier date.
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should have a date code https://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=3321
hsandler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Charles. It's the same age as me. I don't see a date code anywhere, and the document you linked does not give a location for the code on Graphic Views. When I crank up the front standard, it reveals another number stamped on the back of the yoke, 25636, and a trailing symbol which looks like a capital O with something inside, perhaps a capital Greek theta.
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

25636 is likely a casting number.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Other Graflex Camera Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: