Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which 2x3 GRAFLEX?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Other Graflex Camera Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should skip ebay and go to
http://www.keh.com/Camera/format-Large-Format/system-Large-Format/category-Back-and-Magazine-Accessories?s=1&bcode=LF&ccode=12&cc=78922&r=WG&f

KEH.com > large format > back and magazine accessories
Have your plastic check card handy as you are most likely going to need it. I've got a lot of bargain stuff that was very good.

Graphic 22- 12exp. 6cm x 6cm on 120 knob wind
Graphic 23- 8exp. 6cm x 9cm on 120 knob wind
RH lever wind: http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/graflex_13.html

________

while watching the rangefinder arm where it contacts the bed turn the focusing knob until the point where the rangefinder arm stops moving forward. This is the close focusing distance for this lens. The arm travel will be the same for all lens but the actual focused distance will be different for each lens. The rangefinder rail stop (actuator) is used to adjust infinity only.
Henry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Joey, that RH10 on the Keh site (45PSS link) looks real good, and the price is great. BTW, buy lever wind backs whenever possible; they have extra rollers in the shell that hold the film flatter than the knob winders, which lack those rollers.
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Graphic 23 that came with the pin rollers from the factory. The rollers were worn out and put fine hair scratches on the film. They turned freely to the touch and cleaning their sockets did not help so I removed them. Flatness issues are most noticeable at close focused distances or macro work.
Modern films are thinner than older films which may cause spacing issues. Kodak Tmax films are on a 4.7 mil base (.0047 inch) and their backing paper is .003 inch thick. Ilford HP5+ is on a 4 mil base. Fuji color is on a 3 mil or 3.5 mil base. A Graphic 23 that worked well with Kodak/Ilford films had overlapping issues with Fuji film. The overlapping may be an issue with any brand of older RFH due to the gearing having been made based on the older film thickness.

Overlapping in a Graphic RFH can also be caused by a dirty gear train.

Overlapping and flatness issues can be corrected to a degree by gluing black card stock or similar material to the pressure plate. The pin rollered Graphic 23 has .009 inch clearance between the pressure plate and the film rail, the Graphic 22 without pin rollers has .02 inch clearance. The thickness of the glue when dry has to be calculated into the modification if doing it.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry wrote:
Yeah Joey, that RH10 on the Keh site (45PSS link) looks real good, and the price is great. BTW, buy lever wind backs whenever possible; they have extra rollers in the shell that hold the film flatter than the knob winders, which lack those rollers.
Henry, late knob wind roll holders came in shells (not badged RH) with pin rollers.

If a user must have pin rollers in an old shell, SKGrimes will add them.
Joey Anchors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan speaking of which.. is there a noticeable difference in the final print between a roll back with out pin rollers and one with the pin rollers?
Joey Anchors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never mind I just saw 45PSS's post about it with close-up shots.

boy my head is spinning with all these choices....
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey Anchors wrote:
Dan speaking of which.. is there a noticeable difference in the final print between a roll back with out pin rollers and one with the pin rollers?
Don't know. All of mine have rollers except the back for my 2x3 Graflex. The Graflex is part of a work in progress and I haven't shot with it yet.
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 2 years ago I was experimenting with TRI color using the Graphic 22 and shooting a cala lilly that filled 95% of the negative area. The film unflatness resulted in a blossom edge that was 1mm or so total variance from one frame to the next so that the edges of the blossom would not align properly for merger in photoshop. Printing any one of the negatives one would not notice the curvature of the film but they should have been the exact same register as the camera and flower did not move for the exposures.

All depends on how critical you need the negative to be.
Joey Anchors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

45PSS I just placed an order for the blue lever RH10

also what is that 2x3 Graphics Film Pack Adapter used for?
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is used for "pack film" that was discontinued in the 1970's. Good for a complete kit collection, a paper weight, or a frame for modifications.

I am making a new post with the film flatness issue images in the film help section.

I am not affiliated with KEH and when checking their site and saw numerous RFH listed I decided to make the previous post.
Joey Anchors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

45PSS wrote:
I am making a new post with the film flatness issue images in the film help section.

I am not affiliated with KEH and when checking their site and saw numerous RFH listed I decided to make the previous post.

Well I thank you for posting that, and look forward to reading that piece about film flatness
Joey Anchors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my RH10 (Singer) and it's in great condition! 45PSS thanks again for the link
Joey Anchors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a photo from the test roll with the Century Graphic/Graftar 103mm

Delta 400
Henry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive, Joey. You've got a good one there. And that Volvo is one ugly car! Surely things will improve now that Ford owns Volvo car division
Joey Anchors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHA.. yeah thats the history of Volvo. Here is another from the test roll. both were focused through the range finder. I believe the reason the Volvo photo is so sharp is due to the fact that I was sitting down and this other photo below I was standing looking up with no tripod.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Other Graflex Camera Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: