Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

aperture curtain snapped on both sides

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillip2446

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:26 pm    Post subject: aperture curtain snapped on both sides Reply with quote

i just brought this graflex rb 4x5 series B from ebay. finally opened it up to try it out. the seller packed it really well. i tested the different shutter curtains and when i got to 0, the aperture curtain snapped on both sides. how do i fix this? can i glue it back together or do i have to replace the shutter? i love this camera. i would attach a photo but i don't know how to on this forurm.

thanks in advance for the help.

[/img][/list][/url]
AJDphoto

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard of some people using "sail tape" or some sort of spinnaker sail repair tape, cut to the width of the curtain edge of course, to replace or re-inforce the broken parts. The tape is very thin and needs to be and is adhesive on one side.
You could try this
jerryg

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use rip stop fabric usually used for boat tops. it's very thin and very strong! if you pay for postage i can send you some. also, pliobond glue is the best stuff i have found, it's been used in the camera industry for decades. drop me a message or contact me at my FB page, Graflex Garage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: