Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to tell if film exposed? Grafmatic 2x3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:40 pm    Post subject: How to tell if film exposed? Grafmatic 2x3 Reply with quote

Hello,
Much to my chagrin, I've discovered that my Grafmatic was fully loaded with film. The sheets are certainly decades old.

Sadly, I discovered when moving the dark slide, so the first sheet was certainly exposed. The rest I moved to a lightproof box.

How do you determine if film in a Grafmatic was previously exposed? I will describe as best I can:

Sheet film were loaded in the clips
    Moving the dark slide, the first film was exposed to light
    Indicator dot showed red, not sure what that means
    The counter showed 4, but there's no guarantee this is accurate based on my fiddling around

Any suggestions? Should I try to develop this or shoot it?

Thanks for your insight!
hsandler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the counter had been set to 1 when the grafmatic was loaded, sheets 1-3 are probably ok, at the bottom of the stack. Sheet 4 is fogged, and sheets 5 and 6 may be unexposed or at least only fogged around the edges. The red dot means the dark slide is not over the top sheet and it will be fogged if the grafmatic is removed from the camera. Usually one only cycles the dark slide to the red dot just before shooting, and then immediately cycles the magazine to advance to the next sheet immediately after.

It’s worth developing to see what the camera was used for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: