Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

roll back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dank

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:48 pm    Post subject: roll back Reply with quote

Just bought from US a cheap graflex speed graphic mini its turned out to be , no name so guessing .. with horrendous postage and import bill ,so smarting .. I wanted a roll back and bought it over here UK cheap also as no adapter.. but couldnt get an adapter,as the mini seems the least suppiied with parts due to small neg I guess , so I made one hope to post a link to it so excuse me while I look around on here .. nope, nowhere to post images so will try a vimeo link later as its worth looking at, it simply slots in the bottom and spring clips in the top drawback is having to unscrew bottom clip to remove it working on that ..dank
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, dear. If your camera is a Miniature Speed Graphic it should have a Graphic, also called spring, back. It will accept sheet film holders and insertion type roll holders such as Cambo/Calumet and Adapt-A-Roll 620.

If it is a 2x3 Pacemaker Speed Graphic, in the vernacular called Mini Speed, it may have a Graphic back, a Graflok back or no back. If it has a Graflok it may have no focusing panel. If it has a complete Graflok back clip-on type roll holders such as Graflex' own can be attached and insertion type film holders (cut film, in UK parlance) can be used too. If no back, well, you're stuck.

What do you have? Make, model, etc.?
dank

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its hard to see the difference in these types of camera especially this one , every picture of this model looks different but has a round disc behind the lens opening and its small so presume its a mini , it has a spring back but availability of the parts and even the roll backs is so small in the uk, on a search only ever about 5 things come up so I have few points of reference , the roll back laid down perfectly when the two screws were removed and the back plate taken out but the cone-shaped indent went the opposite way to make a grip , all I could see were the two slots one either side running the length a shame cant load a picture , but have seen them on here , any clues? I am having endless problems with it but I am ploughing on repairing parts as best I can but gave up on the kalart the viewfinder looked an unstable footing and was missing , the mirror lacked half silver and looked clear, the transmission was jammed no lens or holder but the shutter will be ok for that to test it nothing worked but have it's shutter rolling at least now and has a focus screen now so nearly there battered but not out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: