Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

who repairs graflex 3A cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Other Graflex Camera Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spoolman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: who repairs graflex 3A cameras Reply with quote

I've just had a closer look at the Graflex 3A I picked up 2 1/2 years ago and now I'm regretting getting the camera. #1 there are no infinity stops. #2 When I try to set the shutter, there is no "Bar D' on lever "H" exposing "I" for instantaneous exposure. The list goes on. Am I making too much of this or have I been royally S****ed. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do.
Look at picture 6 in post
http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=6131
I cannot help if yours is missing parts, best to look for another not missing the same things as yours.
spoolman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: who repairs Graflex 3Acameras Reply with quote

45SS: Thanks for the images and text. I just found out that there is nothing missing by looking at the images you supplied. I also found out how to change Lever H from I to T by putting downward pressure on the wheel like disc and turning it to either T or I. Boy do I feel stupid !!!!.

Thank you for all your help.

An embaressed Spoolman (Doug)
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the Graflex SLR controls changed over the years but their function did not.

The infinity stop on the referenced/pictured camera is a block of brass with a slot cut into it that allows it to slide onto the rail with the outside longer than the inside and a #1 machine screw in the lower outside edge to hold the stop in place.

This web page may be of help also,
http://lommen9.home.xs4all.nl/Nieuw%20Graflex/links.htm
spoolman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: who repairs graflex 3A cameras Reply with quote

45PSS: Thanks for all of the information and links. If I sent this camera to you, what would you charge to have a look at it?.

Doug
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check your private message(s).
brc381

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: New To Me 3A Needs Help! Reply with quote

My latest Graflex is an early 3A and one that I'd like to use for panoramic photos with 120 film. The shutter and mirror mechanism needs tender love and care. Anyone out there who can do the deed.

My 3A (serial number 14,789) is between what I call Generation Zero (1907-1911) in that it has the recesses for the roll film winders and Generation I (1912-1914) with the seven-sided tension plate and before the Autographic came in ca. 1915.

While I have CLAed Auto Graflex Juniors, I do not have the time right now to make it happen and I do not want this camera sitting forever on the shelf. I want to use it before mind-numbing heat hits the AridZone of America.

The shutter winds and fires, although it is very stiff and I'm not going check it out beyond that. Clearly cleaning and lubrication is in order. The curtain itself is not too stiff.

The major issue is that the mirror is stuck in the down position and seems jammed into some sort of cloth material that I take a a light shield. Pressing the shutter lever does not release it.

45PSS has indicated that he is not at this time not taking in any camera repairs. Any suggestions for who would do a clean, lube and adjustment would be appreciated.

P.S. I'll attach a photo when I get one uploaded to Flickr.

P.P.S. Thanks to the mod for approving my membership. I've lurked for far too long.
MultiFormat Shooter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: New To Me 3A Needs Help! Reply with quote

brc381 wrote:
Any suggestions for who would do a clean, lube and adjustment would be appreciated.

You could try http://www.cameradoctornyc.com/ in New York. He did some work on a Speed Graphic for me, that I was pleased with.

I have no affiliation with him other than being a satisfied customer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Other Graflex Camera Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: