Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Graphic Parts needed for reasonable price If possible)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Other Graflex Camera Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebrien01

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Super Graphic Parts needed for reasonable price If possible) Reply with quote

Hey Everybody---I hope this finds you well. I acquired a parts camera recently--Super graphic. The body is in very good shape. It's in pieces, though. I catalogued the parts I need. I found a rail on the 'bay, but now need the rest of the bed parts (not the bed). + the Super graphic logo piece across the top of the bed (when closed).

I have a limited amount of funds to spend and know these parts can be pricey. I'd be willing to consider trading a functional speed graphic if we can put it together. Thanks!

Thanks in advance for any help or direction to go you can give!

Brien

Parts needed:
Left Bed Cover
Right Bed Cover

Left Yoke Guide
Right Yoke Guide
Yoke Lock Lever
Yoke Lock Sleeve
Yoke Spring

Focusing Pinion Assembly
Focusing Pinion Springs (2)

Back Focusing Frame Assembly
Focusing Hood Assembly
Peepsight Assembly

Battery Cover

Brien
ebrien01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: re: Super Graphic parts Reply with quote

If you have any leads to finding these parts, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Brien

Brien
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/
the only way parts are available anywhere is if someone disassembled a body for its parts. NOS are extremely rare and its unlikely you will find any.
Parts bodies crop up on ebay on occasion and is your best bet.
ebrien01

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.

Brien
ebrien01

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Super Graphic Update! Reply with quote

I hope this finds all you well and enjoying the day. I've been acquiring parts for my Super Graphic and I'm down to just a few remaining. Please let me know if you have and would be willing to part with for a reasonable sum. Thanks!

Brien

I'm looking for the following:
Graflex Super Graphic Rangefinder plunger and spring (return side)--Rangefinder moves one way, but I'm guessing spring has lost it's springiness and won't return the cam to position once it's traveled from one side to the other.
Focus Lock lever and related nut/screws etc that fits on the right hand side of the bed (looking down)
Focus springs (directly under the focus knob rod pinion that provides tension--shaped like inverted Ws)
Battery door cover (Not necessary to function, but would be nice aesthetically.
One arrow-shaped spring that goes on the graflok back--keeps the chrome pieces connected to the back when removed. (This is an extra back I received as a bonus--just want to make it work.)

The camera is very useable, but these final pieces will bring it back to as close to new as I can make it.

I will have extra parts. I'll take pactures and make a list for anyone who might be needing pieces.

Thanks in advance for any help or leads you might have!

Brien

PS--I purchased what parts Pacific Rim camera had as well as another person's I found online. I now have an extra body (entirely stripped by another as well as extra rotating back that's missing a few minor pieces (lock springs to prevent free rotation). Plus, a pop up focus insert minus the focus cloth. Also, a PressLok quick release. Part of me wants to see about putting another one together from found parts, but part of me is ready for the next project and some actual photo time!

Brien
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rangefinder moves one way, but I'm guessing spring has lost it's springiness and won't return the cam to position once it's traveled from one side to the other.

The position of the tube in the camera body affects if the cam will be moved from the infinity position, bed slide fully retracted, to the closest focusing distance, bed slide fully extended, bed guide removed. The metal bed slide becomes permanently bowed upward after years of use and drags on the bed guide preventing the slide from moving forward. The easiest fix is to bond a small piece of material near the lead edge of the bed slide and pull it out. I usually turn the focus beyond what I think is the subjects position, pull the RF slide out, then carefully focus which pushes the RF slide back.

http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=6211
http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=4647
http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=4653
ebrien01

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks for your help! I'll check it out.

Brien
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Other Graflex Camera Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: