Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Source for rangefinder cams?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LelandRay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone's asked this before, but I can't find the answer right now, so I'll ask again.

I bought a Crown off eBay which had a Rodenstock 135 in gorgeous condition. According to the advertising from the seller, the camera had been put together by some hotshot as a custom job, and when I got the camera in, it was everything as advertised: near mint, lens in great shape, etc.

But the little bar that actuated the shutter was too long, thus jamming against the shutter body when I tried to shoot.

The rangefinder didn't work. There were things rattling around in there.

And the lens shutter rattled too. I figured that I hadn't caveated my emptor very well, but I decided to keep the rig and chalk it up to experience. Steve Grimes fixed the shutter, and I'll be taking the Crown as-is to the next swap meet to get some of my money back.

But... I'd like to use that 135 on my Speed Graphic. I have a set of infinity stops, but the cam that came with the Crown seems to be for a 132mm lens. HELP!
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across this under the Technical Information heading on the home page, didn't know it was there. http://graflex.org/articles/oakes/ and you've probably looked at this before.
http://graflex.org/speed-graphic/top-rangefinder-cams.html.
Being Graflex optically measured each lens and chose cam's to match you could find a lab to test your lens which would narrow the search down and elimate guess work or make one as Mr. Oakes has done.
Have you tried the P5 (132mm) cam with this lens to see how much varration there is?
I have a top rf speed with a P5 (132mm) cam and the optar 135 for my other camera is focused at 5.5 ft when the rf/scale show 6 ft. and the varration lessens at futher distances.
Charles

bertsaunders

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone---If you are thinking of making a cam, I can send a photo via E-mail. I have several sizes and they print out pretty close to scale! The cams are avail, but most will take a bank loan to afford!
SEE NOTE BELOW............BERT

[ This Message was edited by: bertsaunders on 2002-09-05 21:22 ]
clnfrd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I may be getting old and very corny, but I want to publicly thank Bert Saunders for being a heck of a guy for being so much help to those of us who are mentally challenged when it comes to rangefinder problems. Didn't mean to interrupt the train of thought here..just had to say that. Fred.
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah gee willakers fellas..........
90mm P15..100mm P29..135mm P6..
152mm P9..162mm P12..178mm P88..
254mm P17..264mm P77..
265mm P--..270mm P61..275mm P52..
278mm P75..315mm P47..
Is what I have at present...
.............>>SNAFFOO<<.................
THESE PHOTOS DONT PRINT OUT SCALE SIZE ON >>EMAIL<<---SO AM TRYING TO MAKE UP DWG'S W/THE DIMS ON THEM--IF YOU NEED A PARTICULAR SIZE, LET ME KNOW AND I WILL PUSH THE DIMS ON THE ONE YOU NEED FIRST!
BERT

[ This Message was edited by: bertsaunders on 2002-09-05 21:20 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: