Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Going to see the attack clown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LelandRay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've ever been in New Orleans, you've probably seen him or one of his kin. He makes animal balloons for kids and occasionally beats up a drunk or mugger.

Anyway, with the approach of more temperate weather, I've decided to take a day trip to the city to visit A Gallery for Fine Photography, eat some beignets, and exercise a Speed Graphic on the people and scenery. I have a "lightweight" soft case for film holders and light meter, but I'm thinking of just wearing my Domke vest and throwing a couple of Grafmatics in one of the pockets.

I'm hoping to have some fun, but I was thinking that if anyone would like to meet up for coffee or lunch, that would be cool too. Can you imagine guys in fedoras and trenchcoats wandering around the French Quarter carrying these really big, old, clunky cameras?
Henry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Leland:

Sounds like fun---wish I could. While you're there, take in a show at the Saenger and then ride the Canal car out to the cemeteries---or the St. Charles car to Carrolton. In 1956 carfare was 7 cents, w/free transfer. How times change!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: