Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Honeywell Strobonar 700 Flash

View previous topic :: View next topic  
williammontalvo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a Strobonar 700. I have just replaced the batteries. What position should the switch be placed in to charge the batteries -on or off? I am asking BEFORE attemting to charge.
Thanks,

Bill
bhaagensen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The switch must be in the "off" position to charge the batteries. When the switch is changed to the "on" position, the electrical current is applied directly to the main capacitor from both the batteries and the AC charger. When selected to "on", the charging current is removed from the batteries so they will not charge up when the unit is connected to AC power (if the switch is left "on"). In fact, they will slowly discharge even with the AC power applied. This seems somewhat counter-intuitive but that is the way it was designed.
clnfrd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I have a 770, and, according to the instructions, re-charge the batteries when the ready light takes 30 seconds or longer to come on. Re-charge with the switch in the "off" position for 18 hours. No harm if charged for a little over 18 hours, but don't do it for , say, 2 or 3 days. For simultaneous battery and AC operation (for taking lots of photos) turn the switch to "on" with the charger plugged in. This gives you ready light every 6 to 8 seconds.
Fred
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: