Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wire frame finder ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George B

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Wire frame finder ? Reply with quote

When using the wire frame finder on my Baby Century Graphic how do I compensate for parallax error ? The frame is not marked for distance as on my Baby Speed Graphic. Is it just so loose in framing that it’s not important or do I manually aim the camera up slightly to compensate for close distance ? Then maybe it’s fixed for a given distance... unknown to me. Typically I use the optical tunnel vision finder and adjust the back wheel but that’s getting long in the tooth. Basically I’m shooting flashbulbs at events from 5 to 15 feet and I don’t want to cut peoples heads off when using the wire frame finder.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go here http://www.butkus.org/chinon/pacemaker_graphic_speed_crown/pacemaker_graphic_speed_crown.htm , download the manual, see p. 10.
Sirius Glass

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wire frame viewfinder should be properly centered up for left-right parallax. Closer up you will have to open up the back and experiment raising and lowering the wire frame for different distances. There should be detents that click in for different heights.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: