Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

newbie has no image in rear view port

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DD936E201

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: newbie has no image in rear view port Reply with quote

Hi all;

I am unable to see any kind of image in the rear view port of my Anniversary Speed Graphic. The only time I can see anything at all is if I point the camera directly at a light source. As far as how the camera is set up, I'm not sure of the terminology but I'll describe as best I can. The F-stop(?) is at 4.7 to open the lens wide. There are increments on the lens that go from 400 down to 1, then B and T - this is set at T. When you click the shutter, the lens stays open. On the side, you can wind a curtain on the inside, and there are indicators like O, T, A, B, etc. - this is at O. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Larry
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-time, any shutter, first push of the trip lever opens the shutter, second push of the trip lever closes the shutter. Shutter may or may not have to be cocked (set) for this function to work depending on make.
B-bulb, any shutters, pressing the trip lever opens the shutter and the shutter stays open until the trip lever is released. Shutter may or may not have to be cocked (set) for this function to work depending on make.
All other speed markings are the time the shutter stays open once cocked and the shutter release pushed. 1 is one second, 2 is 1/2 second, 400 is 1/400 second.

Read: http://www.southbristolviews.com/pics/Graphic/manual-pdf/Anniversary.pdf
You'll probably figure out what is not correct which is the best teacher.
From the info you posted you probably don't have the front standard pulled out to the infinity position.
http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/graflex_11.html
may be of some help with the shutter.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you see light on the ground glass when both shutters are open, that's a start. Have you pulled the front standard out to the bed stops? If the front standard is in its rearmost position the lens will be focused far through infinity and won't project an image on to the film plane (= ground glass).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: