Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pacemaker Speed Graphic, RF way off
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Front standard is not square to the bed and body then moving the bed out of square will not fix the problem. Moving the bed out of square will induce rise or fall and the front standard error angle may come back into play as the lens focus is changed from the point it was when the bed was repositioned.

Bed Check

BennehBoy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

45PSS wrote:
If the Front standard is not square to the bed and body then moving the bed out of square will not fix the problem.

To be clear here, the front standard is square to the bed.

But the bed is NOT square to the body.

I loosened off the plate bed braces and managed to get the bed sitting a little closer to square but it's still not spot on.

I've dissassembled the bed assembly and am now reasonably sure that the bed second is bent at the forward edge of the right hand side bed brace.

Will gently persuade it back into true with some wood blocks and a mallet later.
BennehBoy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to fix the rangefinder alignment...

I focussed the lens at infinity using the ground glass, then removed the top RF housing, loosened the grub screw on the armature connecting to the rangefinder moving mirror, rotated the mirror until the images aligned, then tightened the grub screw.

All appears to be well, probably not the ideal method but better than trying to cut a master cam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: