Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Date Check?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,
http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/wollensak_14.html manual page 53 ( 8th page in) lists the 10 inch / 254mm Tele Raptar as being available in a #4 barrel mount, #3 Rapax shutter, or a #3 Alphax shutter.

I have no problem figuring out the information in the columns of the link you posted even though I do not read or speak French.

Are you claiming that a #4 Wollensak barrel is the same thread as the #3 Rapax or Alphax shutters?
Jim C.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noetzelj wrote:

Sometimes I miss the forest for the trees. I'd taken the GG frame off and held in my 405 back to take the shot. Totally missed the two sliding bars on the bottom that would have solved my issue. Thanks for the point out! And... agreed, don't want to force that back under the frame...too tight for my liking.

The pack film backs were never meant to go under the GG frame,
which is why they're all Graflok backs
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

45PSS wrote:
Dan,
http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/wollensak_14.html manual page 53 ( 8th page in) lists the 10 inch / 254mm Tele Raptar as being available in a #4 barrel mount, #3 Rapax shutter, or a #3 Alphax shutter.

Interesting. Not to be impolite, but so what?

45PSS wrote:
Are you claiming that a #4 Wollensak barrel is the same thread as the #3 Rapax or Alphax shutters?

No, I have no idea what size a #4 Wolly barrel is. But the site I pointed you at gives mount diameters and threading for the shutters you mentioned.

I'd hope that Wolly made barrels that match some shutter or other. I've bought a number of Schneider lenses in barrel, all with cells that were direct fits in standard shutters. All had barrels whose rear threads matched the rear threads of the shutters that accepted the cells. #00, #0, #1. But then, there were no rules in Rochester and no one followed them.
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and a firefox translator plugin translates the page well. google translator should work well also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: