Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto and/or Tele Graflex ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy38

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Auto and/or Tele Graflex ? Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am new here and, first, I thank you for help on Graflex cameras.
I have some of them and, with you and your posts, I have more knowledge about them.

But there is one I don't know what it is, an Auto Graflex or a Tele Graflex, or ?
The format is 4,25 X 3,25, the id number 45142, it has a revolving back and it's written on the hood (with square viewing, because of RB) Auto Graflex.
Auto Graflex'es usually are not RB...
I have a "true" later Tele (101949) with this format and the front looks like it.

Here is a pic of this older Auto Graflex :
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. the serial number you posted is just before the "book" info that I have starting point making it a 1912-1914 vintage.
2. there is a 4x5 Auto on ebay usa ending soon that is a Telescopic Graflex build but has the Auto badge. The seller says he was given the camera by the original owner's relative that inherited it after the owner/original purchaser passed on.
3. I had a 4x5 Series B that was the same build as the one in question. Its serial number dated to a Tele Graflex made in 1922 and definitely had not been modified as the name badge was on the body, not the view hood.
4. I speculate the body design was universal and labeled to what ever model they needed and there may have been minor differences.
5. the moderator that would know has not posted on the board for a very long time but maybe he will grace you with a response.
Andy38

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for answer.
I asked because I have also an older Auto Graflex 3,25 X 4,25 (id 34405) without RB; 2 different cameras with the same name...

Here are pictures of their hood :
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: