Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Date for Speed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toolbox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William Hallett wrote:
Thanks to you both for the dates. It looks as if there is no definite correlation between age and covered vs external shutter bearings.

Very interesting either way... Mine has a later serial number, but earlier lens date, which is interesting. It's too bad the serial number data isn't more conclusive. I guess I'll still keep this as a "very early" feature, though I guess it's not completely clear if these were being produced only before the small cap cameras, or along side them...
They're pretty uncommon either way...I've looked at hundreds of Pacemakers, and mine is the only one I can remember seeing without bearing caps.
William Hallett

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to add to your confusion there's an early Pacemaker users' manual posted online at http://www.butkus.org/chinon/ which shows (on p. 11) outside bearings of what I believe you consider to be the "small" style. There's no date on the manual, but it refers to the "All new Pacemaker Graphics", and all the cameras illustrated have Graphic backs, not Graflok, which suggests pre-1950 at least.
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I currently have a 1914-1916 Top Handle Speed Graphic in for servicing that has the small roller bushings covered by the body leather.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: