Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Schneider-Kreu Super Angulon 65mm/f8 Lens Board.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TS-Roze

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Schneider-Kreu Super Angulon 65mm/f8 Lens Board. Reply with quote

This is a first post for me here in any Forum.
I purchased a 2x3 Century Graphic with red bellows and at the same time I purchased this lens: Schneider Kreuzhach Super Angulon 65mm f/8, in the hopes that I could adapt it to this camera. I know it has been done but I don't know what lens board I need to accomplish this. I would greatly appreciate any and all help.

Thanks,
TS-Roze
Billy Canuck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a lens board for the 2x3 Pacemaker Graphic series, like this one currently listed on the auction site:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GRAFLEX-LENS-BOARD-FOR-2-1-4-X-3-1-4-PACEMAKER-GRAPHIC-158405-/140941407307?pt=US_Lens_Boards&hash=item20d0c3344b
The size of the hole will depend on what shutter the lens is mounted in.
Henry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe what they're asking for these things now! Seems to me that I never had to shell out more than $20 for an undrilled one. Makes me wonder if I couldn't fabricate one out of sheet brass and solder on a rim out of strip brass from the hobby store.

Plus, if that hole is too small, you'll either have to try cutting it bigger, or take it to a machine shop. I recall having a local shop cut the hole for an $8 fee.They did a far neater job than I could have done.
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the post you made 11 months ago your lens is in a Synchro Compur 00 and requires a 27mm mount hole. ( http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=6018 )

At http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/ click on Catalog or scroll down and click the View Catalog link, click on Graflex, click on Speed Graphic, buy item #158405.

When it arrives unscrew the rear element from the shutter, unscrew the mount ring from the shutter, put the shutter through the hole in the lens board from the front side and position the shutter in the orientation you want it in, turn the lens board/shutter combination over and install and tighten the lock ring with its flat side next to the lens board.

Now take the rear element and see if it will pass through the opening in the front standard, if it does attach it to the rear of the shutter then attach the lens and board to the camera; if it does not attach the lens board/shutter/front element combination to the camera, remove the focus panel, attach the lens rear cell to the shutter, reattach the focus panel to the camera and go have some fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: