Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adapt-A-Roll question: that ridge on the bottom.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shalom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Adapt-A-Roll question: that ridge on the bottom. Reply with quote

I have two Adapt-A-Roll 620s in 4x5, only one of which I particularly need. I was thinking of converting the spare to 3A format to use with a Premo #8. This would require narrowing it by around a half inch, and lengthening it by about the same.

(I would probably find a local machine shop to do this for me, rather than attempt it myself.)

So narrowing it would be fairly easy; simply mill off a quarter inch, more or less, from each side, until it matches the original Premo film-pack holder. The "wings" are hollow; it shouldn't be much trouble.

Lengthening it might be more of a hassle. My first thought was to have them drill and tap a couple holes in the end and screw on a piece of aluminum bar stock, but then I took another look at the thing and had an idea.

There's a ridge on the bottom side that stops it when sliding it into a Speed Graphic. If I were to mill that off, the holder would slide in another half inch and bottom out in the camera. (The Premo has a piece of wood at the end of the channel, which the SG does not.)

So my question is: Is that ridge necessary for anything else besides stopping the holder from sliding in too far? Like a light trap or something? Because if so, I could probably get them to attach a similar ridge at the extreme end of the wider part, but if it's not needed, I wouldn't bother.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: