Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Makeshift flashbulb shields

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zmanphotog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Makeshift flashbulb shields Reply with quote

I came across a bunch of flashbulbs from a local photographer. One of my concerns have been using the Speed Graphic with old bulbs with no shield. I went to purchase some Oven Bags (like what has been recommended on this forum) but decided to go with these instead. They are microwavable, so they can stand some heat. The nice thing is they come in different sizes, so you can pretty much find one for any old flash system.

I fired a #5 off and had no problems. I shot a full size one off and it did melt because it was making contact with the bulb- I plan on using the next size up to get the plastic off of the bulb surface.
I will let you know how it works on a live subject!

Mark Z
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: