Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP!! Loading rollfilm back

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yvel@adelphia.net

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a pretty neat back for my 4x5 Speed graphic -- 12, 2-1/4 square pics per 120 roll.

But how to I load this and know when the first exposure is ready to go? There is an arrow on the film backing-- where should that line up before iIclose the back? And where and hgow is trhe counter set when I start winding?

It would be nice if someone posted the instructions on this site-- if they exist here, I missed them. Thanks,
Mike
Les

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advance the the counter by winding until you get past 12. You'll notice that the counter stops moving.

Now turn the holder upside down and look at the inside top, you'll see an arrow on the left side. Load the film, thread the leader to the take up spool and wind the film until the arrows on the leader match the arrow on the holder. Close it holder.

Move the counter dial by hand one notch. This engages the knob winder again. the index point should be in the middle of the arrow on the counter.

Wind the film with the knob (or lever) until it reaches one. It should stop at this point.

Mount the holder on the camera, remove the darkslide, expose the film, replace the darkslide.

Now mover the Chrome lever on top to the left. advance the knob until it stops at the next exposure.

Occassionally these holders suffer from poor advancing and can overlap exposures. Try to find some out dated film from somebody that is effectively useless to take pictures.
Load this roll with the darkslide open and mark the frame of the insert on the film with a sharpie (trace the frame on the film) Then move to the next, trace, advance, trace, etc.

The remove the film and check how well it advances. This can save a lot of tears and frustration out in the field.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: