Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question regarding roll film back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfratt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Question regarding roll film back Reply with quote

I just received my first Graphic camera... a Crown Graphic 23. The camera came with a "23" Graphic 6x9 roll film back (knob wind). When I remove the ground glass, and secure the roll back, it seems to seat properly, but there is nothing stopping the entire back from sliding off the camera to the right. There is enough friction that it doesn't just fall off, but a nudge will push it pretty easily, potentially exposing my roll. Am I missing something here? It is a graflok back, btw.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you move the Graflok sliders down to hold the roll holder?
Mysterious Mose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Correction: NOT DOWN Reply with quote

Correction: NOT DOWN

Move the bottom slidelock UP and the top slidelock down. You do this by sliding each slidelock to the RIGHT.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This question was also asked on apug.org and was answered there.

The OP put up images of his roll holder. It is a Graflex "23" -- so marked -- and was made to fit on a Graflex SLR with a Graflex back. That's why it doesn't have a ridge that engages the slot on the right side of a Graflok back.

The OP added to the general confusion by insisting he had a Graphic "23" but his images say otherwise.
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there are some Graphic cameras that the graflok sliders slide left to secure the accessory onto the back.
Mysterious Mose

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there are all kinds of ways of attaching a "23" graphic to cameras. I've got a Busch Pressman C with a "23" roll film holder. I'll post pictures of it soon. It has the slidelocks for a roll film holder but the problem is there's no way to attach the groundglass view back.

http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=6329

There are four configurations for the sidelocks. Slide-to-the-right to fasten the film holder is factory default, but you could change it to any of the other right-left/up-down configurations if you wanted to.

It sounds like the OP might have a problem with ridges.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: