Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shutter release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gronboi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Shutter release Reply with quote

In need of a shutter release arm for Crown Graphic with Graflex f4.7 135mm shutter. I have investigated the usual sites E-bay, the big on-line stores, etc. I purchased an arm on-line, but the bracket is too short to engage the shutter release. One person suggested I use clear epoxy and fashion an extension long enough to engage the shutter button. That would be my option of last resort. Any suggestions?
C. Henry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There at least two (and probably more) different length shutter release arms made by Graflex for their cameras. You may have bought one for the 2 x 3 camera rather than the 4x5 that I assume that you have.
There was a post on this a while back that stated the lengths but I haven't been able to find it. Perhaps the author of the original post will see this and post a reply.
Best of luck finding the right one for your camera/shutter combination.

C. Henry
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=5589

I do not have a clue how long they are. You need the 31102-P3 for your #2 Graphex shutter.

I thought the lengths were discussed years back but I do not know in what post. Nothing comes up using "manual trip arm" as the keyword, 20 come up using shutter paddle when all the terms dot is checked.
graphicdave

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different lengths discussed here:

http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=5856&highlight=paddle

Possibly one f/s here:

http://www.equinoxphotographic.com/large.htm
Gronboi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Graflex shutter release arm Reply with quote

Thanks all for such quick responses. Now, could anyone point me in the right direction to obtain the P3 paddle?
graphicdave

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gronboi,

Did you check the Equinox Photographics link? Under "Graflex Pacemaker parts" they have what they call a:

"shutter release tab - this "L" shaped piece fits by the lensboard"

Give them a call to see if this is the paddle you need.
Gronboi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did and someone beat me to it.

Thanks though]

Rodnehy
sobahguy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Shutter release paddle Reply with quote

Failing at most other places...a source for alot of new in-the-box parts might be Fred Lustig in Reno,NV. His contact information is elsewhere on this website contained in a very informative article/interview. He often tells folks to send him their cameras for more elaborate repairs/refurbishing, so I don't know whether he would be willing to just send you out small parts...best way to find out would be to call him and ask. He's very knowledgeable and quite a nice fellow to chat with. Just be aware that he has no internet presence/email so a phone call would work best...and also keep in mind the time difference between you and Reno,NV as well. Hope you find the part you are looking for!!
Gronboi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: shutter release Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I am in contact with Mr. Lustig. Shipping the camera to him for repair/replace and CLR. Again, thanks to all for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: