Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Took the GVII out to play on Wednesday

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LelandRay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Took the GVII out to play on Wednesday Reply with quote

I assure you the image is nice and contrasty, but I'm on my laptop instead of my regular editing machine, and it suddenly looks flat. But it'll print just fine when I'm ready.

This is the oldest apartment building in the USA, located at the far end of Jackson Square in New Orleans. Ilford FP4, deep red filter, 1/8th second at f32 with 210mm Nikkor in Copal shutter. Camera set level with no swings or tilts.

Henry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes, on the corner there, straight ahead, is one of the Pontalba apartments, whose twin is directly across the square (Plaçe d'armes, officially). The Presbytere, Cabildo, and St. Louis Cathedral would be on your left, and the river on the right, out of sight beyond the railroad tracks and the docks.

I consider myself "an old New Orleans hand," having lived there as a kid during the years June 1953-Jan. 1957, when my Dad's job took the family to Manhattan. I would have gladly stayed in N.O. forever, but alas it was not immune to the inevitable changes that leave the best moments in memory only, and in photographs. I have been back to visit only twice: once in 1961 (no big changes, streetcars still running on Canal: carfare 7˘ with free four-part transfer), and again in 1995 (big changes, hated it, couldn't wait to get out; New Orleans died long before Katrina, IMO). Serious photographic interest began for me there, and I only wish I had taken many more pictures with my Kodak Pony 135.

Oh, by the way, nice photo, Leland!

Last edited by Henry on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
1banjo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey you need to clean you Nikkor that fat lady is not sharp there in the midle
LOL!
LelandRay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fat lady was moving. Motion blur.
LelandRay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: The cant is intentional... Reply with quote

I was actually in New Orleans to shoot two fashion models for a retro 40s series.

This is New Orleans native Teri Wyble, shot on Ilford with a Pacemaker Speed Graphic. I used the leaf shutter in the old 127mm for this one, but I did some others with the FP shutter. Wonder of wonders, it worked!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: