Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex Journal and GHQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C. Henry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Question! Reply with quote

What does either of the last two items posted here have to do with the Graflex Historic Quarterly?

C. Henry
Les

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the DOF scale is certainly in the wrong place. I suspect that several of use just use the "new posts" button and don't look at the category anymore.

<sly grin> not the GHQ article probably does belong in the GHQ discussion, and I checked, it doesn't say anything about cell phone cameras in the article at all. <smile>
C. Henry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the last two items I referred to in my original post is no longer there!
Perhaps it has either been deleted or moved to another location.

C. Henry
Les

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I deleted it and its poster. We look at every request coming in. Most of the ones that don't fill out "interests" and "cameras" are spam bots. Some of them are obvious.

Interests: Nixon

Some aren't:

Interests: Nikon
cameras yes.

that one's suspicious, but I approved it and waited. we got the answer I was waiting for: a post for cell phone cameras.
CoyotePete

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Century 23 Repair company in the U.S. Reply with quote

Need some repair person or company for my Century Graflex 23...bought it on eBay and the release bump on top is not there, so can not open it...
The back does release and I took it off. Just re learned how to do it. Looked inside the camera and the front standard is all the way retracted to the rear, as it should be. Possibly the locking lever on the bottom of the front is somehow in the way, enough to have the door not "Click" closed ! Any ideas would be more than welcome. Thank you and a Happy New Year !
Pete Hallock, " Coyote Pete ", your pets are safe, I just want to lay in the noon day sun and sleep..
Old Town Orcutt, California

pfghwest@msn.com

(805) 934-4425

Thank you !

Last edited by CoyotePete on Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Henry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably should post this in the "Speed Graphic Help" forum. (See above discussion!)

I don't know how familiar you are with these cameras, so please bear with me if this is redundant.

If you insert a thin blade in the crack between the "front door" and the camera case, directly under the white "Graflex" imprint, and press downward, the case will open. There's a piece of flat spring metal that serves as the catch between case and door edge, and prying it down (or pushing it down with the release pin) will allow the door to spring open.

I have some ideas about replicating/replacing the missing "button" if you're interested.

As for the stuck-on back, whether it's a a ground glass frame or a roll film back: be aware that you need to press down simultaneously on the two spring-loaded release arms in order to pull off the back or frame.

Sorry you're so far away from me, as I think I could get you up and running if I could see your Century. I've owned one myself for many years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex Journal and GHQ Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: