Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex Journal and GHQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacquelina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: camera Reply with quote

What digital camera would be best for me and my price range this Christmas? I want a digital camera that gives me the best point-and-click capabilities, and gives me the best quality digital photographs for around $300. I've looked at the Nikon Coolpix and some Sony and Canon camera's. Can someone that knows what their talking about give me some professional advice as to what camera would be best for me?

Last edited by jacquelina on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
graphicdave

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacquelina,

What is a digital camera?

Just kidding. But in all seriousness this may not be the best forum to answer your question. There are some individuals here that have and use digital cameras and some that may even use them professionally but may be reluctant to admit it since this site is dedicated to slightly older tecnology.
Your best bet for a qualified answer is one of the digital forum sites like;

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/

or

http://photo.net/digital-camera-forum/

Personally I like Canon digitals. I have the XSi (SLR, not a true point-and-shoot but can be used as one on full auto) and the G9 ( can be used as a point and shoot but too large to be a pocket camera) and they are very easy to use and I can get great 8x10 prints out of both.

Canon makes good point and shoot cameras but so do most other big-name brands.

It really comes down to what features you need or want and what size prints you want to make. With today's sensor technology just about any camera at your $300 limit will give you great results up to 8x10.

One problem with asking your question on any of the digital forums is that you will get Canon folks saying Canon is best, Nikon saying the same, Panasonic-ites saying Canon, Nikon and Fuji are not up to date etc, etc. Just keep in mind what you want and need and go from there.

Hope this helps.

Are you sure we can't interest you in a quality 4x5 point-and-shoot Speed Graphic?? They make fantastic poster size prints and you can also use them for self protection! Try knocking out a would-be thief with a Nikon Coolpix
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex Journal and GHQ Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: