Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hybrid 2x3 roll holder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: hybrid 2x3 roll holder Reply with quote

A while ago I bought a 2x3 RB Series B, then got a roll holder to fit it. The holder's shell seems to be a cross between a holder for a Graflex back -- it has the slot needed to engage the RB's back properly -- and for a Graflok back -- it has the lip at the dark slide end needed to hold it in a Graflok back. It seems to fit properly on the RB and on my 2x3 Graphics with Grafloks. I've since got another 2x3 roll holder for the RB, it has the slot but not the lip and will pull out of a Graflok when the sliders are engaged. And I have normal RHs for Grafloks that lack the slot and won't mount properly on the RB.

I'm not that aware of roll holders for Graflex backs, but I think this is the first one I've seen like this. Any suggestions about what I'm doing wrong or why Graflex didn't continue making 2x3 roll holders that fit both Graflex and Graflok backs?

Thanks,

Dan
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, I think you have an oddity. A rare one, at that. I have never seen or heard of such a thing. I'm assuming the thing was made by Graflex? Come to think of it, I've never run across a 120 roll holder for a 2X3 Graflex SLR. I've never been to the moon, either, so I could be way off. Graflex was pretty good at making things to order, though, so maybe this is one of them. Might be a one off?

"Wyoming - Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn, it seems to have been made by Graflex, has all of the stencils etc. inside the shell and standard markings on the outside. It could well have been a one-off. I hope it wasn't, it is really a good idea.

Cheers,

Dan
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, really big drum roll,
http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/graflex_1.html
has it. $19.95 in 1949. The price list says the Graflex versions can be used on Graflex and Graphic 2x3 cameras with Graflok back. It came in 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 and 2 x 3 versions.

Not a "one of a kind" or modified as I thought it might be but a standard production for at least a short time.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks very much, Charles.

I wonder why they dropped it.
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll speculate that when the Graflex SLR went out of production so did the roll film holder.
1banjo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: hybrid 2x3 roll holder Reply with quote

hey all
on the subject of hybrid 2x3 holder ! so I was looking at mine & I don't have one.
but I was also looking at my Grafmatic film holder they too are a hybrid 2x3 holder !
1banjo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: