Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5x7 need a new shutter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
snagle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: 5x7 need a new shutter Reply with quote

I acquired a 5x7 series B with a disintegrated shutter. Does anyone know of a repair shop that can fabricate and install a new one?
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search>keywords "shutter material">select "all the terms>in the fourm box select "reflex help">then the search button=31 responses of which is this recent one:
http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=5267

Member bertsaunders, http://graflex.org/helpboard/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=39 , has not posted for a few months but email him and request instructions for shutter curtain replacement , you should get a response within a week or two. I think I still have a copy of his instructions buried someplace on my computer or saved to CD and I will try to find it if he does not respond.

If you have a pro camera store near you with a darkroom department ask them for darkroom blackout cloth, a rubberized nylon cloth that is very similar to the shutter cloth listed if not the same thing. One may be able to laminate two or more layers to get proper thickness. I do not know how to make new aperture stays or remove the old ones.
Sirius Glass

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

45PSS wrote:
Member bertsaunders, http://graflex.org/helpboard/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=39 , has not posted for a few months but email him and request instructions for shutter curtain replacement , you should get a response within a week or two. I think I still have a copy of his instructions buried someplace on my computer or saved to CD and I will try to find it if he does not respond.

Bert no longer services cameras due to health problems and went into heart surgery this past Monday. Before he went into surgery, he sent me the focal plane shutter repair instructions that he wrote. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send a copy to you.

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: