Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adapter ring or hood for Calumet?Caltar lens?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emil Zelasko

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Adapter ring or hood for Calumet?Caltar lens? Reply with quote

Hello,

I picked up a Ilex-Caltar/Calumet lens (210mm f5.6) that is in perfect condition, hoping to use on my Super Speed Graphic.

What I did not notice is that this lens has no threads in the barrel to accept a filter.

I thought that I could find a clamp-on ring (the OD appears to be 62mm) that would allow me to "step up" to 67mm filters. Or, perhaps a lens hood that clamps on, having threads for a ring or filter. I would think that these were relatively popular lenses at one time and that there was some adapter permitting filter use....?

Unfortunately, I cannot find anything out there (e-bay, Calumet Camera, other camera sites).

Any advice would be most appreciated. I really don't want to use this lens without protecting the glass, also would prefer to use some filters with B&W film.

Thanks in advance for the expertise!

Emil
1banjo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Emil
the one I have is a # 62 S S 8 TIFFEN adapter ring SERIES 8 for filters & hoods
now it has set screws & I had one that a slip on can't find it now but I thank that it was
a Kodak AND you will need to look for SERIES 8 as SERIES 7 are only about 58mm
banjo
Henry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodak listed a series VIII 62 mm (2-7/16") slip ring, so there may be some of these floating around on the 'bay or at camera shows. Don't know about fitting your 67 mm filters. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: