Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to draw a grid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pelle.txt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: How to draw a grid Reply with quote

Hey,

I have a roll film holder for my Graphic View. It finally works now that I have a Graflok back. On the ground glass there is no grid that shows the 6x9 frame.

How do I draw a grid on the glass? What is the best way to do this?

Pelle
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove the ground glass from the focus frame. Wash with Dawn dish soap using your finger tips only, rinse well handling by the edges only then dry with a lint free cloth or stand on edge and allow to air dry. If equipped with an Ektalite Field Screen, grfaflex speak for fresnel, wash as above but rub with the ribs only on the ribbed side, not across.

Determine the grid pattern you desire for your ground glass. Lay the ground glass ground side up on a flat clean solid surface. A towel or cloth under the glass will have enough give to allow the glass to crack. Using a #2 pencil and straight edge draw the grid on your ground glass. A thin lead mechanical pencil works well also.
1banjo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Pelle
if all you need is to match up with your roll film holder do as 45PSS for cleaning
then put it on your roll film holder AND just mark the corners BUT with NO Pressure
so you dont break the glass then you can make lines as 45PSS does
BUT I use a Ultra Fine Sharpie in different colors for different roll film holders
as I have a 6.45, 6x6, 6x7, 6x9 AND I only mark the corners for each size
banjo
Pelle.txt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: the ground glass ground side Reply with quote

Hey,

Just one question. Wich side of the glass is the ground glass ground side? Is it the side on the outside or on the inside?

Pelle
Les

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiny surface to the photographer, ground side to the lens.
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ground side will have a matt appearance and slightly coarser feel than the non ground side.

Reassembly order: smooth side of fresnel toward front standard if fresnel equipped followed by ground side of ground glass facing front standard, retainer clips. When installing the retainer clips tighten the screws on one side just enough so the clip just touches the glass then install the screws on the other side and tighten to the same degree. Adjust the glass if needed and tighten the screws 1/2 turn each until the glass is tight and held in place. Tightening one side tight then the other will crack the glass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: