Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflite 2773 Bulb problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefcoastie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Graflite 2773 Bulb problem Reply with quote

Can someone help me with this flash. I am using it with a Graflex Super Speed Graphic. I have the correct 2802 Y cable. New batteries. I have correctly connected the remote and Shutter connection in the flash case. I have set the camera shutter to M. The camera has two brand new 22.5V batteries. The red button on the camera and the flash can both trip the shutter. I have downloaded the manual. The PROBLEM: As soon as I insert a bulb in the reflector the bulb goes off w/o my tripping the either button.
dkonigs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I think step #1 is to find yourself a multimeter so you can check for power on the bulb socket without having to waste any more bulbs or burn your fingers

That being said, I've seen it mentioned around these forums that you need to cock the shutter before inserting the bulb. Otherwise, you might have the exact problem you describe.

(Of course I have the 2772 flash, and haven't run into this problem myself, but I cock the shutter first just to be on the safe side.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: