Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ciroflex..is it broken...or..??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vintagegrrl

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: ciroflex..is it broken...or..?? Reply with quote

i ended up with this beautiful Ciro-flex camera at an auction. It seems to be in good condition, but I *think* there's an issue witht eh shutter. It's just labelled "ciroflex" with Alphax lens. I keep pressing the shutter release trigger down and the blades keep opening and opening and they stay that way. Sometimes the shutter button feels different, and it makes me think that perhaps there's a way to cock it and I can't figure out what that is.

How do you work this thing?

I thought it might be gunky and the blades and shutter were stuck so it took it appart and cleaned it and checked for anything, but it seems to be in working order in there. Ok, i'm not a technical person, so i could be wrong. But..what am i missing?
Les

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alphax shutters are self cocking, so either the shutter ring is set on T or it needs to be cleaned, lubricated and adjusted (commonly called a CLA)

I could suggest removing the lens / shutter from the camera and then trying to clean the shutter, but on a Ciro flex it's not that easy.

I have successfully removed the front cell and added a couple of drops of lighter fluid to re-disperse the oil, but more often than not I end up with splotched on the rear cell and have to remove it too.
vintagegrrl

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it's not set on T

what's the best to use for lubrication and cleaning?
cabbiinc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pheugo.com/cameras/index.php?page=alphax

I've read that light watch oil works. Note that you don't want to get the shutter blades "wet" as they really are not made from metal and can swell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> CiroFlex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: