Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kalart RF viewer tube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Other Graflex Camera Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ldawson61062

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Kalart RF viewer tube Reply with quote

I have a 2x3 Speed Graphic with the side mounted Kalart RF, and the Heiland flashgun bracket siamesed around it. The viewer tube of the RF has come off. The retaining ring is inside the body of the RF. I need to find the diagrams which show how the things is put together, before I try to take out any of the many screws. Please let me know where I need to be looking.

Thanks.

Larry
bruiser

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Larry,

You can remove the screws of the Heiland bracket and the screws that hold the Kalart cover on without fear. The actual rangefinder workings are held onto the camera body by more internal screws.

After you have lifted the RF cover off you should see your eyepiece part inside somewhere. While the cover is off clean its inside eyepiece and RF glass surfaces, if needed. Try not to touch the actual RF mirrors and stuff left on the body. Replace the cover and all the screws and happy shooting!

Cheers,
Bruce
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Kalart rangefinder adjustment manual on this site under the technical information link on the home page, the graflex.org at the top of each page is a link and http://www.xs4all.nl/~lommen9/kalart/index.html has detailed instructions on adjusting also which may be of help identifying which screws to remove.
While you have the cover off clean the mirrors and inside of the windows with a Q Tip saturated with Isopropyl Alcohol then drying with a dry Q Tip. When cleaning the mirrors use only enough pressure to just contact the surface of the mirror, Do Not Scrub. Carefully remove any fibers left behind and reattach the cover. Q Tips are the only swab to use on the mirrors as they are the softest, other brands are too hard.
ldawson61062

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Kalart RF viewer tube Reply with quote

I amhappy to report that I not only got the RF off, but also got it cleaned and replaced without loosing any screws, and not haveing any left over, either. Getting that retaining ring back on was a bit of a struggle, but it went on with some "judicious" force! Thanks much to all.

Larry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Other Graflex Camera Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: