Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Syncing flash.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eacvlr

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Syncing flash. Reply with quote

I'm looking into buying a Graflex Crown.

I've been googling but can't seem to find the information I need about the Crown's compatibility with modern flash equipment.

I need it to sync with a flash (not its own old school flash). I also need several slave flashed to be triggered. So what part of the camera will do this? I've read the hotfoot is too small for the plastic feet that are made now. Does the flash connect with the two prong thing that comes out near the lens? Or do I need to remove the solenoid to get at the round connecting part underneath?

I am so lost.

Please help!!
C. Henry

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Syncing flash Reply with quote

The answer to your question depends on the specific model of shutter mounted on the Crown.
On the Kodak Flash Supermatic on my Speed Graphic I can sync modern electronic flash units through the bipole connector ("the two prong thing") by simply not cocking the flash synchronizer so that it trips the flash on zero delay instead of "M" or "F" delay.
Hope this helps.

C. Henry
Billy Canuck

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Crown with electronic flash. The synch on my Graphex shutter has the bi-post connector with a choice of F, M, X and Off settings. X is the setting to use for electronic flash. You'll need a cord with a female bi-post plug on one end and the fitting for your flash unit on the other. These can be ordered from Paramount Cords with the cord in any length you want:
www.paramountcords.com/graflex.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: