Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stroboflash IV heads - Graflex 500 compatability

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crvogt

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2001 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently an email friend aquired a Lot of various Graflex Strob equipment. Included were 2 Stroboflash IV heads, he attached these to a Graflex 500 base unit and they seemed to work fine. The question is, what capacitors were in the Stroboflash base unit and what was the working voltage?
The 500 has 4 (490uf 450wvdc)capacitors at Full power 200 Watt/Seconds. Is this too much power for the Stroboflash heads??

Carl@carlvogt.com
http://www.carlvogt.com
Dkeener

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2001 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As my memory serves me the Strobo IV and 500 used about the same power levels. I recall that heads were interchangeable using a adapter to account for the differences in connectors and wiring. Both were rated at a nominal 200WS power level with the IV being able to be operated at 3/4, 1/2 and 1/4 power.

Dennis
TLBPHOTO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Graflex Strobo flash IV. It uses 2, 225 volt batteries. Can I still buy them or can I get it converted to use a different size battery?
rpb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The flashtubes themselves were identical in the Strobo I, II, III, IV and 350/500 heads. Synch circutry in the later 350/500 units was a little different, as would be expected from their later mfg. Any of these would handle 200WS. I even remember doing an emergency fix on a 500 head by stealing a IV flashtube from a damaged unit.

Graflexman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Users manual for the Stroboflash units (it includes 1,2 and 4)form No. 88-10-0016 from Graflite photo products.

also have Stroboflash IV broshure showing compatability, from Graflex Inc.

also have a Stroboflash broshure and price list from 1976

I can scan them if you are interested.
ropedog

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A scan of any Graflex flash manuals would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thanks
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Graflex Service Binder which I paid $60 + shipping on ebay. I have provide an occasional page and some of the smaller manuals for use by members of this site(see Grafmatic manual @ http://www.southbristolviews.com/ for a sample). A 300dpi scan to full size results in a 7.6mb file and prints like the origional page. Rescaled to about 600kb is what I sent Rich for the grafmatic manual.
Stroboflash Service Instruction and Parts list, November 1963. General Precision. 28 pages. requires 1 to 3 700mb CDR's.
Strobomatic 500 Electronic Flash, 1968, Singer Company. 21 pages. 1 to 3 CDR's.
Graflex Strobe 500 and Globe Strobe 500 Electronic Flash, 1971, Singer Company. 26 pages. 1 to 3 CDR's.
2 service bulitens-Stroboflash.

In compliance with this sites NO SAILING policy any request for a copy must be done thru a4x5pacemakerspeedshooter@att.net and I will expect to be compensated for my time and investment.
I have not scanned any of these manuals.
Charles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: