Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Serial number on Eastman View Camera 2-D?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Non-Graflex Cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doug Kerr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just acquired a lovely Eastman View Camera 2-D, marked as made by Folmer-Graflex Corporation for Eastman Kodak Company. I have so far been unable to locate a serial number on it. (There are "bed match" numbers on the base and bed extension.)

Do these cameras have serial numbers and if so where are they located?

Are they in the "Graflex" serial number system? If not, do we have any information on the dates of their assignment?

Thanks.

Doug
Rangemaster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug,

I have owned a half dozen in various sizes and the only numbers I have ever found on any of them was the bed match numbers, even the small bit of information on the kodak museum page, don't mention serial number, about the best I have ever been able to come up with is a year range for production of the various models.

Dave

Les

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2D cameras (and even Kodak No. 2 no-D cameras) are in the graflex system of serial numbers. They do a very good job of hiding them.

Pull the rear standard almost the full extent of the rails without the extension on. Tilt the top of the ground glass (rear frame) forward as much as it can go without stressing anything.

Now with a flashlight, go around to the front of the rear standard (under the bellows) and look at the board that runs under the tilting frame. it's usually on one side rather than centered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Non-Graflex Cameras All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: