Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone know what this is?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donval

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a Graflex SPEED - I - O - SCOPE?
Les

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did an internet search for Speed-i-o-scope and found some post to the old helpboard, hoping to find a definitive answer. Alas the only post that sounded credible turned out to be one of mine!
I did find one of these on ebay and the seller generously scanned the instructions and sent them to me.
So for the record, These were used in Tachistoscopic learning or contolled flash projection. While the one's I've seen were too knew to be used by GI's for learning to spot enemy planes, the effect is the same.
For people on this list old enough to remember her, I'll bet Evelyn Wood bought a lot of these.

It really is nothing more than a shutter. If you have the Speedi Sr. then you have an iris too, the Jr version did have this feature. So go buy a nice Golden Dagor in barrel and ship them both to Steve Grimes with some money and you'll get back a sweeheart of a lens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: