Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflex in the movies!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pv17vv

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the soundtrack of a movie is built in the lab long after the sound was recorded, the noise done by cameras is obviously the result of a choice by the sound production.
CthulhuRising

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a long scene in Spielbergs animated The Adventures of Tintin (2011) where Sackarin and Bianca Castafiore gets bombarded by several photographers with speed graphics and similar. There's alot of detail in that scene, have just seen it once in the cinema so have only memory to go after, but remember one photographer about to change his bulb but dropping it, and trying to find it misses his shots. Funny scene and detailed.
pfiltz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this one in the first second or two of the vid, and later on in it.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/the-mavericks/808991/born-to-be-blue.jhtml
SpeedGraphicMan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recent film, "My Week With Marilyn" had a number of Graphics featured.

And lets not forget "Bonnie & Clyde" wherein the crooks are such good thieves that they somehow manage to steal a yet un-manufactured Mini Speed Graphic!
robert muzyka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oHk4m12NVw

go to 3:30

certainly my favorite character from The Wiz
essessem

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

45PSS wrote:
The Notorious Betty Page from 2005 currently airing on HBOW has a lot of side RF Speed/Crowns in use in it. I'm watching over my shoulder while answering questions in the fourms and turned around to see a female photographer shooting a nude female model with a side rf Pacemaker and she was using it correct except that it did not appear to have a film holder it it but she was cocking and triping the shutter! There was even a Burke and James 4x5 on a tripod next to the Pacemaker. (soft focus used to obscure the name on the top lens board slider). A lot of the cameras in the opening court room scene appeared to be typical movie image adjusted. Now, back to the movie.

I watched at it again. A lot of early 35mm and Box cameras being wound and shutters snapped. A few TLR's being shown also. The most side rangefinder Pacemakers with Graflite 2773's with 7" reflectors and blue flash bulbs are in a court room scene being held and used Film Director Style. The studio shot where the photographer is using a side RF Pacemaker, rear peep site up without the front frame being raised is the real killer. At least the identifiable Graflex equipement looks new.

I wonder where I can get a motor drive for my Crown and Super Speeds. You can hear one used in the Bettie Page flick....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jA_EFJPP-4
Phillip Connor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother, who gave me the Graflex called it a Jimmy Olson camera. This of course from the Superman t.v. show. Jimmy of course a press photographer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: