Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Instant Film Holders and Mods...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBish130

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the Polaroid 545, but find the cost of the film to be prohibitive. So prohibitive in fact that I've never so much as bought a single box of film for it yet!

I did however buy a Fuji PA-45 instant film holder. Hopefully, to be able to shoot the much more reasonably priced Fuji instant film.

Now, anyone familiar with these can probably tell you that the Fuji PA-45 will not fit into the back of my GV-I.

I still want it to work, though.

Is there any easy way to modify the GV-I back to take the Fuji PA-45? Are there springs that will afford more movement?

Thanks in advance!

"It's light and nothing more."
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JEFF,
I ASSUME THAT YOU HAVE THE SPRING BACK ON YOUR GVI?? I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE FUGI PA-45 PACK, SO I CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THIS WILL WORK....BUT....GRAFLEX MADE A SET OF SPRINGS FOR ATTACHING A ROLL FILM HOLDER TO A SPRING BACK..BUT THERE WOULD BE A PROBLEM WITH THAT, IN THAT IT IS NOT EASILY REMOVABLE! I HAVE AN ALTERNATE IDEA AS TO HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM! EMAIL ME AT
BSAUNDERS1@BAK.RR.COM
HAVE A NICE DAY.....BERT
JBish130

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My modification for the springs in the GVI to accomodate the Fuji PA-45 film holder works.

Thus far it works pretty good, but isn't real easy.

I will modify it further with coil helper springs which will give me more movement to fit the holder, but still pull the GG nice and snug to the back.

I will post an update as soon as I put the mod to the test.

Thus far, I like how this is working out. I can get the Fuji pack film (10 sheets) delivered at $10. a pack. That's less than a third the price of Polaroid.

Suddenly I will be able to afford instant film for testing composition and light.

Anyone who might want any information on this modification, email me. I have a sketch to share. Before long I should have photos as well.

"It's light and nothing more."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: