Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Pix with Ciro-flex Model E
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANDRE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about screwing up your name Doug Grosjean. I hate it when I can't edit my posts before sending them. This site needs a review and confirm option before it actually accepts a new post.

Andre Easter
Henry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt. OTOH, it's easy to edit a post after the fact. What I'd like to see is a "Delete Post" button (for those "second thought" situations).
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "delete post" option is available if one clicks on the edit button within 30 minutes of posting.

Henry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! Danke.
douggrosjean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andre,

No problem on the name, no offense taken. And you deserved the praise for your stuff on Photo.net.

You're right, "Prosumer" is more correct than "Low-end". I was comparing the Ciro-Flex to the Rolleiflex of the same period, and IIRC the Ciro-Flex was about $110 vs. the Rolleiflex at about $160. Same era, the Kodak Medalist was about $300. But I hadn't thought about the cheapie cameras of the day.

Still amazing to me how nowadays, you can get something like the Ciro-Flex for, oh, say $50... and have it work so well (assuming it's working as intended).

You've reminded me I need to get my girlfriend's Dad's CF out and excercise the shutter. He bought it new to take photos of her as a little girl, and she still has it. It's the first MF camera I ever used, and a year-and-a-half later making the move to manual MF has been one of the best things I've done to really make me think about light, and to re-invigorate my photography interest and skills.

Doug Grosjean

PS - Just found out that there's an Argus camera museum almost in my backyard, in Ann Arbor MI. Got to visit that place when the weather warms just a bit....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> CiroFlex Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: