Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New guy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
b1bmsgt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
I have just recently discovered the Ciro-flex, and now have three of them (a C, D, and E), with a Graflex 22 on the way! Ordered some 120 film from B&H Photo but haven't gotten it yet.
I have cleaned them all and gotten the shutters back to working condition, and now have the D listed on eBay. I am sending the C to Morgan Sparks at cameraleather.com so he can use it to make releather kits for the Ciro-flex, so they may be available in the near future! (The E is mine!! You can't have it!!)

Seems kinda quiet here, though. Anyone around!

Russ

[ This Message was edited by: b1bmsgt on 2006-01-02 17:55 ]

[ This Message was edited by: b1bmsgt on 2006-01-02 17:56 ]
mharris660

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya, I think I just bid on your D. I have a Graflex 22/200 and am looking for a model 400.

I bought my nephew a ciroflex a few months ago and he really loves it so I thought I should have one also.
b1bmsgt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Yeah, that's me. Glad you bid, hope you get it (after a bidding war up to $500 of course... lol)
I was wondering if anyone else was around on this forum as the last post had been in November. Hopefully things will pick up.

Good luck!

Russ

mharris660

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I check the forum from time to time trying to learn more about CiroFlexes. I really like my Graflex 22. I also have some Yashicas but for knocking around the CiroFlex and the Graflex really work well. I hope to someday find one of the 4 element ones.
douggrosjean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

There's not a lot of traffic on this forum, but there's a lot of good info in the posts of the past.

Since you seem to have jumped in with both feet, here's my introduction to the Ciro-Flex, about a year ago:

http://www.douggrosjean.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=7

And a review of a book on the Ciro-Flex:
http://www.douggrosjean.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=28

Like you, I bought several. But a year later I shoot less with the CF cameras, because I also picked up a Rolleicord and Kodak Medalist along the way.

However... on a motorcycle trip this past August, on the Jeep trails of Colorado, the Rollei vibrated its film advance knob off. So the second half of the trip was shot with the Ciro-Flex I had along as a backup. If interested in some recent CF photos, take a look here:

http://www.douggrosjean.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album09&op=modload&name=Gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

The CameraLeather.com deal sounds pretty neat.

Here in NW OH / SE MI I've had a couple Ciro-Flex shutters repaired by Midwest Camera in Wyandotte, MI.

Welcome, and have fun.

douggrosjean@gmail.com
Various 35mm SLR and P&S cameras,
Kodak Medalist, Rolleicord, and Ciro-Flex,
Burke & James 4x5 Press, and #10 Cirkut
mharris660

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Doug, I have alot of Yashicas but those Ciro's are built like little tanks. I hope I can find some of the diffeent models someday.
b1bmsgt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, thanks Doug. As a matter of fact, I have a copy of the Ciro-flex book, which came with one of my cameras. It's really interesting. However, it's a little weird to look at the picture of the young girl in the bathing suit and realize that she must be in her 70's now...

Anyway, I am waiting on some B$W film so I can try my E model out. I have also been inspired to get back into the darkroom and have bought a new (old) Bogen enlarger and a bunch of equipment on eBay just today. I never developed 2 1/4 before, just 35mm, so I am really looking forward to it.

Russ

douggrosjean

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<< Thanks Doug, I have alot of Yashicas but those Ciro's are built like little tanks. I hope I can find some of the diffeent models someday. >>>

I've got about 4 Ciro-Flexes: a C, E, and a pair of F's. Eventually I'll get rid of all but the E, it's just in really nice shape and feels really good. But right now I have some other projects taking up my time, so I haven't done anything to move the C and the F's.

<<< Anyway, I am waiting on some B$W film so I can try my E model out. I have also been inspired to get back into the darkroom and have bought a new (old) Bogen enlarger and a bunch of equipment on eBay just today. I never developed 2 1/4 before, just 35mm, so I am really looking forward to it. >>>

The MF film is a lot easier to wind on reels than 35mm, IMO. I have no trouble winding and souping the MF stuff, but about half the time when I do 35mm B/W I get a spot of film out of the groove and lose some frames.

My fault - practice makes perfect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> CiroFlex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: