Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RB Graflex Series D shutter curtain tension adjustment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy Moore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I need some help with adjusting the tension of my shutter curtain. The material is in great shape with no pinholes. The problem is that after cocking and then releasing the shutter the curtain does not travel down to make an exposure. I think this is caused by lack of tension from reading other posts. I have emailed Bert asking for help, but he hasn't responded yet. Normally I would just wait, but I am under a time crunch. The camera is in fantastic condition other than this problem, but if I can't get the shutter to work then I'll have to return the camera while I still can.
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from berts instructions modified: Looking at the tensioner plate step tensioner to setting 1. Remove nut to left of tensinoer release tab. Remove the four screws that hold the tensioner plate to camera body. Place small slot screwdriver thru hole in plate where the nut was and enguage the slot in the end of the shutter curtain spring shaft and hold while lifting the tensioner palte enough to disenguage the gears. Turn screwdriver counterclockwise 5 to 10 turns. enguage the tensioner gears with 1 showing in the window and install 2 of the plate screws in opposite cornors and test shutter. Correct tension setting is when the curtain will just close from full open slot to full closed with no hesitation.
(Wind or trip shutter to "O", cock then trip shutter, curtain should close completely with no delay.)

Check for proper operation by winding tension to highest setting then curtain to smallest slot and exercise shutter several times.

Install remaining screws when adjustment is complete. If screw holes become striped, dip end of round toothpick in wood glue and insert into bad hole and trim at surface.

Remove the back and put a drop of 3 in 1 oil on the ends of each curtain roller and reinstall the back. Pay attention to what screw comes out of what hloe as different lengths were used in some positions. Back plate will have to be rotated between horizional/vertical to access all screws.

Charles

[ This Message was edited by: 45PSS on 2005-08-31 13:11 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: