Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rb super D focal plane shutter???????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pottographer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am confused by the focal plane shutter on my rb super D 3x4 camera. It differs from my anniversary in that it has Low + 9 clicks up to High. The chart on the camera doesn't seem to correspond. Each click up from low is not numbered and the chart starts at 1/30 sec. I've read all info on this web site to no avail. I would welcome any and all suggestions.
Thanks
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potto,
The Super has only 2 tension settings as indicated on the aperture plate >LOW and >HI
...the extra clicks between, are just a few clicks to let you know you are increasing the tension! They >simplified< the settings on this one....well thats what they claimed anyways...I always figgured the Super to be a way to spend less money to make more money, as the only advantages to the Super was in the limited flash sync. (they only guanteed it to work at 1000th lens speed) They claimed wonderfull things about the Pre-Set aperture lens also but it was harder to see and set (in my opinion), and many of the std lenses offered were as good or better (again, my opinion)and, the "D" model offered more options (lenswise)!
Have a nice day....Bert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: