Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tired of all the Lightsaber Bashing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfurman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tired of hearing people complain about using the Flash Handle as a lightsaber prop. if you go to: http://www.parksabers.com/graflex.html you will find you can order the Flash Handle and you can use it as a Lightsaber Prop or as a working Flash Handle.

[ This Message was edited by: mfurman on 2005-06-27 18:37 ]
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does not negate the fact that every one of them that goes to someone to use as a toy removes one from the market for someone who would use it for it's intended purpose. Just what the hell would anyone use a light ***** for, anyway?

"Wyoming - Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"
mfurman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The company Parks *****s gets the Flash Handles from are brand new manufactured Flash Handles I'm pretty sure there is enough to go around. And I'm also sure Everyone has a Hobbie of Collecting something of some sort like Baseball Cards or Dale Earnhart Memorabilia or Antique Camera Parts. Mine just happens to be Star Wars Props. My ***** sits in a case in my office just the same as some people display a Autographed Baseball or Jersey from one of there favorite Sports Icons.
Les

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfruman,
Do you go to church and then complain about what they preach?
This site is Graflex.org. We believe in keeping cameras and their accessories as original as possible and we aren't apologetic about it. And that isn't limited to flash units.

We have discouraged backpackers that believe stripping down a good Speed Graphic to make it 8 oz lighter is a good thing to do. The same holds true for people that think removing the leather and finishing the wood is "restoring" it.

The Graflex flash situation gets more attention because there are more SW fans out there that think they can come here get a sweet deal on a flash so they can ruin it. Or they come to just wreak havoc.

You aren't aware of it, but his forum was shut down for two years because of rabid SW fans, so yes we are a bit testy about SW fans.

Your information about Parks reproduction is accurate and welcome. Your attitude and swearing is not.

If you don't like to hear us complain, then I suggest you move on to another website.

The moderator.

[ This Message was edited by: Les on 2005-06-26 23:09 ]
mfurman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"In order to invent, you need a good imagination and a lot of junk" --Thomas Edison Interesting quote you have and completely ironic concedering your lack of imagination. If people want to buy a Camera Part and use it as something diffrent they have every right to do so. I'm trying to end this argument about the whole "SABER" Issue. I'm Tired of it and belive it needs to be put to rest for good. I gave you the Link to Park *****s to show you that the Flash Handles are no longer a rare or forgotten item now that there is another company making them. And for the Record please read my post thoroughly before making comments about Cursing I have not Said a Single Curse Word. The Word that is blotted out is "SABER".
RichS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you ask for understanding, but you are apparently not willing to give any of your own!

I thought you had cursed also. The message, as it was originally, made it quite clear what you said. I see that you have since edited the message...

There can be no mention of the idiot craving for an artifical movie prop made from a rare camera part that will not bring up emotional responses here. Any reading at all in this forum would make that clear very quickly.

There is a huge difference between wanting to own an original flash handle to use with an original camera ove some kid who wants to have a copy of an imaginary item that never really existed at all, but by poor choice was originally made out of the rare flash handle. Butchering up something rare and envied to create a copy of an imaginary item is far from logical. Reprehensible comes to mind...

So before you rant about "understanding", try it on for size yourself....

alecj

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange way of "I'm trying to end this argument" by bringing it up here. Read this until you understand it - we don't WANT to discuss that subject!

If you've got something else constructive to contribute, fire away. But, I suggest you don't hack off the Mighty Les. Man, they usually call ME the old curmudgeon around here, but on this subject, we're ALL of that persuasion.

Sorry, but you happened to step on a land mine.
Les

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your argument is that since somebody has imported a Chinese knockoff of a superior American made product that we at Graflex.org should all rejoice and allow original flash units to be mangled without sense of loss, without complaint.

It ain't gonna happen.

When ALL SW fan flock to Parksabers and leave Graflex made units alone, then and only then will we rejoice.

That won't happened either because neither of us want to settle for a 2nd rate copy.

You've tried to use my signiture line against me, finishing with "If people want to buy a Camera Part and use it as something diffrent they have every right to do so." And you are correct. When I sell my flash units and cameras on ebay I know not how they are going to be used.

But people that buy the Camera Part (or camera) and then come here hoping we can tell you how to modify it will be persuaded not to modify or mangle the camera or flash unit.

Those that come here showing how much better their camera or or flash unit is now that its been modified to uselessness or keep trying to tell us we are wrong, will be shown the door.

Your argument has been brought up, discussed, and answered several different ways---You will continue to be tired of all of the LTsaber bashing. Case closed.

On to your revelation that you did not swear in your original post, and that the word that was blocked out was saber.

Did you really expect us to believe that the original title of this post was "I'm Tired of all the Saber Lightsaber bashing?"

You swore in the original title of the post and you were called on it. Rather than admit it and apologize for it; you edited it out, and then claimed never to have done it.

That makes you either a liar or a politician, and neither have any respect on this forum.

The Moderator.

[ This Message was edited by: Les on 2005-06-28 07:30 ]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: