Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

weegee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daleraby

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this link... thought it might be of interest here:

http://www.icp.org/weegee/index.html
LelandRay

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2001 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Interesting" is definitely an understatement. THANKS!
JoePhoto

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a movie called "The Public Eye" with Joe Peschi playing a WeeGee type character which I identified with. They use some of WeeGee's photos in the opening. I thought it was very effective the way they used slow motion as he looked at subjects he thought of photographing.

I'm looking for a place on this site to put this link to photos by my great, great uncle that the Boston Public Library has a page for. It's his Speed Graphic that I'm using now. It was given to me by his daughter in 1981 and she let me borrow 12 negatives from a 4 drawer file cabinet that somehow didn't make it to the BPL. She passed away and her daughter hasn't been in touch so I don't know what became of them. Someone is selling photos claiming to be from original negatives on eBay that look very much like his. The photos are of Boston scenes and Ted Williams and Babe Ruth.

Here's the link to the BPL. I think it's an odd site to navigate so I just type Jones in the search box and you can see all they have.

http://www.bpl.org/research/print/jones/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: