Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ciroflex variations and oddities

View previous topic :: View next topic  
disemjg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally added one of these to the bag, and my sample has an odd feature that I have not heard mentioned before. The focus knob is a very large knurled chrome job, and it feels as though it is spring loaded. It seems to want to want to move the focus CLOSER very easily, and moving it towards infinity takes noticably more effort. It is as though you are fighting a spring in one direction, and the spring is helping you in the other. I've been playing with it for a while and I am convinced there is some kind of odd arrangement here. The knob, the focusing scale, and everything else looks original, so I do not think this is some aftermarket modification.

SO, is this some screwball "improved model" idea that someone at Ciro had? Does anybody else have the big knob Ciro, and does it act weird like this?
ANDRE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that you have a Ciro Model A, the forerunner of all of the later Ciro, Grapflex 22 and De Jure clones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> CiroFlex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: