Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Ciro-Flex photos on display...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
douggrosjean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just put up my own personal website. It's http://www.douggrosjean.com

It's not a commercial site, nothing can be purchased there. It's more a place I can put my writings / stories / photography, to share with friends, relatives, etc. It's designed so that I can add content from the road if need be, anyplace I have Net access.

Kind of a long story, but it's what a lot of people who read my stuff wanted. And I rather like the idea of a podium, too.

If you go there, click on "Gallery". In the Gallery are several albums. Most of the photos in each album were shot with my Ciro-Flex cameras.

Others were shot with my 35mm SLR, sometimes with a normal lens and other times with a pinhole.

Anyway, enjoy.

douggrosjean@gmail.com
Various 35mm SLR and P&S cameras,
Kodak Medalist, Rolleicord, and Ciro-Flex,
Burke & James 4x5 Press, and #10 Cirkut
Deacon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great site! very simple and easy to navigate. the photo of your Father is very good.
douggrosjean

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! A friend set up the site, and with a phone call told me how to access / modify it. It's meant to be very simple, to load fast, to not overwhelm with graphics.

Funny thing that I notice putting up the pics there is that I have several cameras, but I just enjoy the old TLR. Will be posting some pics tonight there from the Ford Museum in Dearborn MI, all taken with Ciro-Flex F and a tripod, slow film, small apertures and long exposures. IMO, beats the heck out of flash - the photos look like the displays instead of being so brightly lit from a flash.

Only downer - I used B/W to avoid the color shift from mixed lighting. So if you're not into BW, you might be disappointed. But otherwise, the photos are neat - fine grained and detailed. From scanned negs, about 25 mega-pixels each.

Who really *needs* digital anyway?

douggrosjean@gmail.com
Various 35mm SLR and P&S cameras,
Kodak Medalist, Rolleicord, and Ciro-Flex,
Burke & James 4x5 Press, and #10 Cirkut
Deacon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well from my photo interests you can tell what I like "everything but color!"
I don't use a flash ever, I think using whats there in the scene the natural light and contrast are important. I enjoy using older cameras, slower film and a "snailpod" my nickname for a tripod becuase I feel it slows the whole process down. The only time a flash is needed is for artistic lighting effects. Don't count me Anti-digital but your right I think the craft of photography plays a huge role in the artistic value in what we love to do. I will be visiting your site soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> CiroFlex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: