Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Specs for BC type flash

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Les

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old BC cartridges used 22.5v batteries but I haven't found what the specs on the capacitor was. I've been having trouble again with just using fresh batteries and I've got a real paying job (!) and I can't have the flash going sputter sputter on me.

I intend to use flash bulbs because he thought of having a Norman 400 strapped to me while standing in 6 inches of water really shocks me. BTW I found that the norman puts out 510 volts @ 400ws. a defibrilator is 200ws. CLEAR! bfff!
hmartin@tns.net

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Les
I took the insides out of my BC-Cartridge. I was wrong,it does have a capacitor. It is 250 MFD and rated at 25 VDC.
Hope this helps, Harry
Les

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting!. I thought it would have been higher. I've since looked at some Graflex Graphic Photo books and they show a resistor in series with the capacitor. Is there any way you can tell me the size of the resistor, or at least the color bands on it?

I'll owe you lunch for this one!
hmartin@tns.net

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2001 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the cartridge apart again and there is not a resistor there. Just a thought, could the resistor shown on the diagram be the flash bulb? Seems to me that the flash bulb should get all the available energy. It has been a long time since I've studied electronics. But, if I remember right the capacitor will increase the current for a very short period of time and the total voltage remains the same. That, I think, is why the capacitor is only rated slightly above the battery voltage of 22.5 volts. I think that all I need is a battery to complete my system. Both large photo stores in my area are at least 25 miles from where I live. Radio Shack or Ace Hardware may be an easier way to go?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: