Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rotary switch on Graflex 2772 and 2773 flash units?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emil Zelasko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I have the Graflex 2772 two cell and 2773 three cell flash units, both have a small rotary switch with three positions- "N" 1 and 2. Could someone please tell me what these are used for and what each position represents?

Also, what is the purpose of using an additional cell (3 cell unit vs. 2 cell) as it relates to the flash unit? Since the cells are in series, the bulb would see an additional 1.5 volts in the 3 cell flash. Does this create a brighter output? If so, how does this affect the guide number and range of the bulb?

Thanks!!!

Emil
Baker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2004-03-25 09:41, Emil Zelasko wrote:
Does this create a brighter output? If so, how does this affect the guide number and range of the bulb?

No. It makes it more reliable, and more likely to be able to trip a solenoid if so equipped. The extra voltage has no effect on the brightness of the bulb.
sobahguy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Emil.......
The rotary microswitch functions are best described in the Graflite manual......
check out:
http://www.southbristolviews.com
Scroll down & look for the Graflex manuals link on the left-hand side of the screen, then you can select the Graflite manual to look at and/or print.
TiltallED

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three cell flash, mounted on the right side of the camera is the syncronizer flash, where the two cell flash, would mount on the left side or off the camera, and be the remote flash, with HH to HH cord, between the two. Or you could have remote strobe's firing from the #2773.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Canon A1-AE1 35mm.
alecj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2005-03-14 13:20, TiltallED wrote:
The three cell flash, mounted on the right side of the camera is the syncronizer flash, where the two cell flash, would mount on the left side or off the camera, and be the remote flash, with HH to HH cord, between the two. Or you could have remote strobe's firing from the #2773.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Well, OK, you're wrong. The only difference between the two battery cases is the number of batteries in each. Neither one is "the remote flash".

Graflex had another unit for that purpose, called the Graflite Side Lighting Unit, Cat. number 2712. It contains NO batteries. It could be connected with either of the other flash units via a 15 ft. extension HH to HH cord.

Either of the two battery units could be attached to either side of the camera, although Graflex normally shows them connected on the right side. To mount them on the left, the user has to remove the strap, and reset the battery clamps. Neither of them was commonly used as a remote flash unit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: