Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

honeywell strobonar 660

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tombury

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the two prong plug outlet for? It is marked "7 amp 125 volt". Is this for use on AC or is it used to recharge the batteries?
I just bought 6 "potato masher" style honeywell strobonars of various models. The two 660's look like the newest. I also have a 770, 880, 892, 892S and two transformers for three prong outlets. Any advice will be most appreciated.
Texas Ed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't have experience with the 660, the two prong AC connections are normally for either recharging the NiCad tray and/or operating on AC.

Of the models you list, I'd guess that 892S is the latest one. The "S" designation indicated the more modern thyristor circuitry instead of capacitor. All the others are capacitor based.

Hope that helps.

Ed
paxety

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 660. The two prong AC connector is used with AC on the "a" setting, and is used to recharge the batteries on the "c" setting. To recharge, you need another device - I'm not sure what it is, but it is a rectangular box with a neon light attached to a cord that plugs into the two small round holes between the slots used by the flash to shutter cable. It's labeled Honeywell Strobonar, too.

I have a manual, and next week, I'll get it scanned and post it on my site. I'll add to this thread when I do.
j.e. simmons

tombury

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the helpful advice. It looks like the 660's are kaput. But, so far two of the others work OK on AC. Battery operation seems to be a lost cause without the necessary recharger. I have two AC adaptors. Each one has to fit a particular protusion in the area of the three prongs on the flash unit. A third flash unit has it's protusion in a different location. Is it OK to grind that thing out of the way with a Dremel tool tool?
paxety

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finally finished scanning the 660 manual - if interested
http://simmonsphotos.com/Graflex/HS660/HS1.html

j.e. simmons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: